30 December 2008

Things I like: Sister Schubert rolls

The timer says I've got about 15 more agonizing minutes until hot, delicious blueberry Sister Schubert rolls. I got up way, way earlier than my usual 11 a.m. Christmas break start time -- a text message alert woke me at 7:05, and I decided to just go ahead and get moving at 7:45 -- and while scrounging around for some vittles, I remembered the breakfast rolls we missed on Christmas Day. Ohhh, baby, this is going to be a good breakfast. It's going to be breakfast period. Yea!

Trouble is, the frozen bake time is 25-30 minutes, and the little sister isn't awake yet. I've already checked my e-mail and read all the news I care to, so...um...it's hard to wait.

Check out Sister Schubert's online presence, especially Sister's story and product line. I kind of forgot that Sister Schubert's all started in Troy. That's pretty cool. The three-page history and photo album of Sister's (real name: Patricia) family makes me feel like she's part of my family. How inclusive. And man, the thumbnail gallery of all the different kinds of rolls...I want to lick the screen. Thank goodness I've got my own real rolls in the oven.

Hey hey! Almost done! Time to wake the baby!

No comments: